How much skin is in the game? Know your numbers




People make sales complicated.

“Jeannette, just target the delivery deadline
and then work backwards every time.”
— Roger Grant, President, McAra, Calgary


  1. Oftentimes, more often, they make promises that they are unable to keep.
  2. Other times, they make promises that represents the work and the efforts of the engine behind them:  The Team
  3. Many times, they shoot off or insert numbers or promises that they have no idea if they jive.
  4. So many, don't do their homework, meaning they have no idea who their REAL competitor is.  
  5. Too many, rely on their network, their connections which could be sports affiliations or educational means.  Remember, if it blows up (you don't or can't do what you had promised), the connection will explode, disconnect, and possibly legal hassles.



The right formula for selling is knowing the ins and outs of the craft:

  •  who or what are you selling, services offered?
  •  how are you measured? 
  • what's important to the person in front of you?
If you can't provide a snapshot of who or what that person in front of you can decide whether or not you are paid, have a company, have a product, have a service they may be interested in.

It's like learning to dance:  you start with the walz long before you attempt the Tango.  

p.s.  I figure skated growing up.  I know of which I speak.  On ice.  I only imagine that without skates, the Tango is a challenge to master.  As a dancer.




You need to uncover the most critical elements of your prospect.  Who the buyer is, the influencer, the technical stamp, final decision maker?

What is going on in their world?

Do a search on GOOGLE with the company name or identity or person.  See what results.

Nifty tricks and lousy monitoring techniques
are used to baffle the decision makers, to convince them that this will fix that and enough techno mumbo jumbo to leap beyond the CEO, director, executive!

Understand the numbers.
If you really must race to the finish line.
You know all the basics, have had reasonable success.
You think you could move forward, successfully in career and in life.
Find a mentor.  Someone who will be your gauge.
Your cheerleader, your champion, your guider.
Someone who can test your internal algorithm and toss them out.  Asking the right questions.

Once you understand the numbers, will you be able to excel.  Think leaders, strong on numbers, research your own candidates or supply your own opinions.

Fact checking against posted numbers posted is going to be the real thermometer for influence by pure numbers.  No manipulation of expression, claiming expertise, unsupported, self-realized.  Just the purity of numbers.

If you can grasp numbers, process them quickly and then come to a quick conclusion based on the information (or data) available to you:  in the form of algorithms or applications or whatever!

The IA community is out there testing theories.
Behavioral scientists are studying data.
Extracting predictions based on the data.
Then, they can go data mining:  who would be
a person whom best represents my brand?

I have been writing full-stop on  Wordpress as www.optioneerjm.com





Neglecting this blog, as I have needed to exorcise a lot of stress, let go of a lot of things, a lot of people.  I wrote on there as an outlet, whereas www.blogspot\optioneerjm.ca has been dedicated more towards sales, social media, leadership advice.

I've realized my strength here and wish to rectify the behavior.  As I've been looking for my next career step, factoring my personal influences, I've been reflective.  This blogspot has always allowed me to express a stronger opinion, good sales advice or leadership awareness.

At least, I've watched only SOME OF THE NUMBERS.  I haven't been here for a while.

I recognize that this will remain a rinky dinky sales blog, that has a great tribe, early adopters on social media, mentorship and support.

That is, UNLESS I return some of the ideas of knowledge on sales or social media, I won't be able to be an evangelist on numbers if I don't explain why.




WHY?
Because as the majority of society and brands evolve more intricately online, they will exchange and engage more.

COMMERCE ONLINE
Is evolving to "influence marketing" which will kick the crap outta people's trust.  

How do you know if you can actually trust this brand with your information if you use their product or service?

Influence marketing has been abused and over-used already.  Fake news is past being a phenomena, it is still flourishing.

INFLUENCE WILL BE BACKED BY NUMBERS
Not claims.  That's why I was joking on optioneerjm.com how I need a VA real assistant who can do FACT-CHECKING on my various blogs.



MY NUMBERS are encouraging.

I have to figure out how to package and sell it.

As a person other's will likely CLICK if I float upon their screen.  The algorithms are consistently agreeing, I have some attractive numbers, because of my crew.  The tribe whom I engage with, by their click, an exchange, or I share, like or comment to too!

I have to put together a powerpoint presentation .ppt that I can send to one to three people I have in mind.  A proposal of sorts, on how we can move forward.

A WIN WIN
To leverage my numbers with their GOALS.

I will repost on www.optioneerjm.com (PLEASE subscribe, share, comment ).




1 comment:

  1. Great,

    We love your writing skills.
    keep sharing things like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM