SHARE what you know, FOLLOW what fascinates you, delights your senses, or brings childlike wonder


Keep your sanity


I recommend you start out, or continue posting on what you know about.  It is the easiest way to launch your vibe.  It lets people know what you are all about.  Similar-minded folks tend to gravitate and find each other.
I'm not talking about race, status, education, love interest, career, notoriety, controversy, religion or beliefs.    Be about you!

I interviewed with a real executive a few months ago.  The hairs on my arms are fluffy but they still stood up.  My spidey senses were on full alert.  Usually, it indicates a strong sense of doing well in the interview.

I got a charge out of the interview.  Especially a humane chief executive officer.  I walked away thinking that I REALLY wanted to work for this gentleman.  As often is the disciplined case, I had scoped out the website on the company, scooping tidbits of information as an overview of the company.  I had not examined anything at my disposal to check out the man whom I was interviewing with.  Dumb, I know.  I did do the usual of adding the person on to LINKED IN so that I could see what kind of career they had, not academics, but real experience being key.  His fit in with 99.9% of all the other CEOs:  bland.

The more I think about it, the more he didn't measure up in person.  Yet in practice, he is exactly that.  Someone who can easily be identified as unique, in a very crowded world.  I think that's what made me take exceptional notice and do a little bit more digging afterwards.

The intellect was apparent, what was said was insightful while calm.  The authenticity was classy and firm.  

What he presented, was a shambles.  It screamed inside:  he needs me!  He really needs to clean up his act.  Not that he is doing anything harmful or addictive, unless you consider his +Instagram posts:  a very fit man, dedicated to mountain biking, cycling, and being put to the test.

Why, I wonder, would his @Twitter profile indicate that he is sarcastic and opinionated?  Apparently, that is the view he wants others to see him.  When I started out on social media, there were so many of those types:  loud, obnoxious and opinionated.  

Probably, 10 years ago this March (2020), when I joined Twitter, super sarcastic personalities were the norm to shoot up on the stratosphere, being catapulted to online super stardom.  So often, the real person couldn't measure up.

Some folks still stand out.  One was a professional DJ, on the radio, homed off the west coast, he used his personality, his advocacy and his philanthropy to the max on Twitter to fill his local food bank.  He certainly didn't make any money off of his efforts.  Ending up in a city across Canada, doing what he knew best:  being a DJ.  I see the number of followers he has.  They are certainly impressive.  However, not indicative of how much he has used the internet to spread good cheer and bring something back to those in need.  

Pay it forward

Evolved from acts of kindness on social media.  Those who inform others on whatever the imagination can conjure up:  technology, science, environment, humanity, mental well being, health, beauty and knowledge.  Giving to others in spirit, inspiration or motivation.  

Humanitarian causes, issues, controversies are the new norm.  Not the obnoxious, they've mostly moved on to You Tube to rant and rave:  very conducive to reposting videos, and a word for the wise.  

This blog has evolved over the last 10 years.  The topics dispersed on spin off blogs.  In fact, when I tried to consolidate them, I got comments about how scattered and I had a blog for just that:  when I wanted to meander about something.

To be continued .......



Why do my Instagram followers keep dropping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM