RES-O-LU-TION

Never make your boss look bad.  Most bad bosses are capable of accomplishing this all on their own.
~ Jamie Fabian


Time is upon us to reflect upon the past year, for some, but for many it is the time to clean the slate and resolve new goals.


SALES:


  1. I shall not  over promise and under deliver
  2. I shall value each hour and each appointment
  3. I shall not fill my day with "look busy" activities 
  4. I will ask more questions and listen often
  5. I will take care to understand what it is that I can do to help my customers reach their goals
  6. I will use problems as a means to gain better solutions
  7. My sales manager is not my mother, teacher or babysitter -- I will do what is expected with little cause for nagging, reminders nor will I whine or make excuses  
  8. I shall not point the finger at anyone other than myself I will take responsibility for my own actions
  9. I will not make commitments of which my team will have difficulty on delivering
  10. Integrity, trust and knowledge are my guiding principles


MANAGEMENT:


  1. I will not ask of others that of which I would not do myself
  2. I shall  not project what the team cannot deliver to save face
  3. I should trust the people whom I have hired, exchange their loyalty with loyalty of my own
  4. I am no bigger than the people whom I represent
  5. My personal goals are not to the detriment of those who report to me
  6. I trust that I am in this position based on my expertise
  7. When failure happens I will point inward
  8. I will coach, guide, mentor my team
  9. Directives and mandates are replaced with buy in, engagement, and input from my team
  10. I will take care of the customer, who will take care of the bottom line

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so basic yet so essentail.
    Great stuff as always Jeannette. I always look forward to your posts. Btw, have you considered writing a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaleem for being so kind! Sales is not rocket science, a lot of common sense applies. A book? I guess I am experimenting right now to see if there are gaps out there. Maybe there is one somewhere down the road called something like "The Essentials" ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 great resolutions Jeannette, seems so simple and yet I bet most people don't think of them.

    And I agree with Kaleem..write a book! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jill! Sometimes the simplest things are what we tend to overlook .... or we dwell on life's complexities. p.s. Thanks for the encouragement on a book :) .. ya-never-know ... until that time, this is a great way to learn what it is that people like

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM