Numbers don't lie

I am not always controversial
but I have formed a habit of dive bombing into unchartered unexamined non-identified-sources.   I guess I'm unafraid of developing a curiosity, studying it, defining the characters involved, and then dropping in like lightning.

Thunderbolts
are rarely welcome.  To zap in in an instance, drop their opinion.  To result in striking attention.  Taking attention away from anyone is like standing up to the kids playground bully.  You rarely go quietly.

The conversation conversation 
context can go on a vacation.  Unless you are an accredited media:  television station, network, newsprint, magazines, and now website like MASHABLE, you have to defend your position.

The harsh reality
of offense.  There is no humming harmony in the background to set the tone, nor the beat of the tunes, giving personality to the message or messenger.  If you stick your neck out with your opinion online.  You better be able to defend it in a heartbeat.

In a society of debates
Why would someone block someone else?  Just by asking for proof of their statement.  Unfortunately, for them, I documented the interaction as I continue to lean on my graphical imagery sensories, I have become more instinctively reactive to saving something.

Instincts of survival?
Or just tired of people making false or padded statements of authority like they KNOW something that nobody else does.  Unless, it is clearly recognizable by their authenticity.  

The most of anything articles
 are usually identifiable because of history, past,  commentary or writings.  Like People's Most Beautiful List that has been around since?  Insert fact check:  _________________::
                                      ~..~


{ i n s e r t    i m a g e   h e r e }
                                      ~..~

 Repercussions
 A developing opinionator on social media is being crafted.   I'm applying my instincts and gut reaction to matters that cross my radar.  Usually, docilely, non-confrontational because they almost always lean towards inspirational, positive messaging or images that make you just go WOW!

WOW happens
when you least expect it.  Perhaps you forgot to take a pause before you emit anything?  Or the experience is so uplifting.  Appealing to your creative senses:  sight, hearing, visual poetry, written mastery.  Whatever it is, I tend to let it pop.

Pop scorn
Has to be defined something like you decide to opinionate which on social media can be really sticking your neck out on here.  Bullying, violence, corruption are obvious areas to lay your scorn.  But don't forget, that if you decide to opinionate you are setting yourself up for suspect questioning on authenticity.  Which I did.  Innocently, trying to find an uplifting song to share with everyone who it casts its light upon.  I come across something that my radar said was a scoundrel.

Scoundrel
Should be resurfaced as an word of our times, of our world.  Those scoundrels are the ones that try to cheat innocent people.  Or the ones that try to fake an authority that only they say to be true.  Taking money from old people, innocent people, trusting people with no intention of ever doing what you promise.  Plenty of shady politicians have been called a "scoundrel" as the one-word-says-it-all descriptive.

The story
Here is how the story folded.

I was writing about lists.  Assembling stats from my own blogs to demonstrate how lists and favorites are a great way to monitor where folks come from to your blog, your Tweets, Facebook likes.  I love gazing at numbers.  There appears before me poetry in words to be explained.  In my own words.  My own interpretation.  You see, I wasn't even thinking about being the most trusted authority on social media. 

From here

To there


Numbers don't lie
My darn numbers that I check out, not nearly often enough, guides me and directs me towards what blogs I write seem to resonate, catch on.  For my audience is not boastful or any a scoundrel in there.  That I'm aware of, at least.  I'm pretty consistently known for being a promoter of Calgary.  To my non-Calgarian, non-Canadian followers.  How I know where my visitors come from?  My Google stats, of course.  They are THE best source.  I have experimented with WordPress but it just doesn't provide the juicy stats that Google does.



No vote
The non-voters would be anyone associated with me.  I wouldn't dare rely on other's generosity, support to catapult me into some sort of notoriety.  I'm kind of averse because anyone of any fame or acclaim are deemed, beamed and decided by others.  Not themselves.

Excuse the hand-writing
Try writing with your mouse.  It is going to take a lot of practice to make it look finesse.  I'm up for that.

Measurement stick
I set my own measurement sticks.  With my ultimate goal of being a singular voice on something widely important.  That's what my instincts tell me and the path seems to be guiding me towards.  When I can absorb, enhale and infuse the numbers, they will show me the way.  Now, it could be Calgary, but maybe reddit.com senses something far wider when moderating "Canadian Travel" for them.  (Please send me clips of what you think are awesome parts to visit in Canada.  You just have to share it with me on reddit.  It isn't my opinion on what the best is, I only moderate.  By sharing your opinion often and proud, you are substantiating numbers like where, in fact, IS the best place to visit in Canada?).




Smart
They're just plain smart.  No bull-S-sers are following my aura, some could say they use a charisma metre that is set by their own personal gauge.  Simply because they gravitate to similar topics, articles, visual, stimulated or subtle. 





The shortcut
It's always pretty easy to try to take the short road instead of the long one.  Or the shorter ones with plenty of peaks and valleys.  They all differ.  Nobody should try to cheat the numbers, sway the results, bribe the fanbase.

Integrity
Is the measurement that only those who feel the necessity within every fiber of their being is going to be attracted to me, my message, my opinion and lately, investigation.

Declining Tabulations
The most saddest offshoot from declining traditional media sales, the dwindling revenue means tightening up.  In media, it is cross-polarization.  Take a story and make it identifiable with a country, not a region or a city. 

Generic boredom
Anyone who really lapse into stories.  Trusting and loyal.  No, not the fairy tales that abound on social media.  These really smart people can sniff out the egotists and proclaimers.  They don't need the recognition.

Comments
I may take a dry perception to comments.  Early on, in my initial stages of blogging.  I heard over and over again that whether what you are writing are catching on are based on the number of comments.

Experiment
All of my three readers, of this blog, may remember that I am a fan of creating my own experiments.  To see if anything registers.  To give information, share knowledge from the unscientific results that abound.  I used to way back, when I was convinced that the only way my blog would ever catch on is I simply just ask people to comment.  When I did ask, I got people to act.  



Linked In
One of my most proudest followers is the "LinkedInCompany" on Google +.  Not the most obvious source for communicating on social media, but still unparalleled influence in results is Google+ (if you want a tip).  They connect with me, update me and inform me privately and personally, like this:


Most engagers
Sure, most of my best and most excellent sphere of real influencers are from Linked In.  I'm fortunate to be associated with some magnificent leaders that are climbing in favor, on the news, more often quoted in news authorities.  Fact in point:  one of the largest charities CEO was established as a connection on Linked In.  We had a meeting to exchange in conversation about non profit exploration of social media's strength as a platform of finding, retaining and maintaining relationships with donors.  Me, I was investigation my credibility to be paid to help for a campaign or for a while.  He acknowledged my "conversation" this afternoon and we had a really pleasant, brief exchange.



Another great example:  I reached out to a very big chunk of connections from Linked In, with whom I have personal connections with to request that they share information on how to donate towards the Fort McMurray Wild Fires.  I have proof, evidence of who is actually "engaged" with me.  Not just reactive, but whom we have short conversations or long hellos spanning years on Twitter.  The people that help you, start you off, give feedback, give praise, are your cheerleaders are the ones that respond.  Most of the ones I reached out, I trusted.  They did respond, simply by jumping to it and sharing, or asking a question.  I can send out a post among almost 18,000 Twitter followers, post on Facebook, and I may get a blip of response.  But personally connecting with Linked In, I got lift off:  help raising funds for residents and City of Fort McMurray.

Supporters, mentors
I clearly write and give tribute to those that helped me and my adventures on social media.  Based on one of my biggest discoveries in sales was that you never claim credit for what others are doing to allow you to deliver to customers.  You benefit from that.  You plug into results from that.  The principle hasn't changed on social media.  I am only as good as my followers, and if I'm ever going to be great at it, it is only because others will give me a nod.


On guard
I treasure the very important connections that I have been honored by with the reciprocal connection on Linked In.  I am private about them.  We may message back and forth, here and there.  I never divulge who they are or what we communicate about.  I am always seeking an opinion or a sparring of ideas.  That's who I am continually discovering.  Thankful that I am surrounded by really really "remarkable" people.  They care about who they are identified with, just being by association on here.  Above board and professional exchanges always.  Not the riff raff that seem to jump in and then fizzle out.   Just recently, I joked with a very big CEO of a very big bank on when was I going to be his Road Manager when he finally writes the book then goes on a Road Show to expel his wisdom.  Sure, I want to be identified with that.  He knows who he is.  I hope he does read this.



Misperception
The saddest part about believing the masse, instead of experimenting, not judging, forgetting to decide for yourself what is great.  Linked In is really under appreciated or gets a bum rap.  They are not a ONLY a job search site.  They are not a career, headhunting, employment, sales networkers site.  You may be doing it all wrong if you are simply amassing big numbers.

Big numbers
Are just that.  Think sports.  As I am more comfortable comparing to now.  Because I assumed I knew a lot about hockey, and now the discovery becoming an NFL Sea Hawks new fan, makes me understand why sports are always such a great source for quotes.  But they also live, breath, and constantly examine their stats.   



Surprising
What is always most surprising is how wrong you can be sometimes.  The ones that you think are supporters are really co-promoters.  The least likely ones are the ones to respond, mostly comment, if you straight out ask them.

Skepticism
The hardest part of being someone who likes to investigate facts, uncover cool opportunities or just imagineer, is that your greatest super power is your adversity to dishonesty.  Fighting the battle with skepticism, trouncing it with optimism.


Optimism
So you silent viewers.  Thank you.  I know you're here.  Even if there only a few of you.  You inspire me.  I write.  I become more inspired.  Your react by your click, whether on this Blog, or my other two that are evolving and examining the other sides to who I am.  Simply, a gal from Calgary.  Nothing more.  No one less.

Other than someone who imparts knowledge, shares beauty and curates the amazing content that you can find, slowly, outstandingly, wonderfully.












Often words are not needed to express





Or express how you feel
















Mere pictures can inspire ::





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM